As part of National Name Your Car Day, Chevrolet is inviting enthusiasts to name a special-edition Camaro SS that will make its public debut at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. The new model will arrive at dealers in the first quarter of 2015, wearing an exclusive Emerald Green Metallic exterior color along with other unique exterior features.
Chevrolet will announce the name next month, when the vehicle publicly debuts at the SEMA Show, the world's largest trade show of automotive personalization and performance.
"Chevrolet has made a tradition of offering special-edition models each spring, but this is the first time we've turned to the community of Camaro fans to name it," said Todd Christensen, Camaro marketing manager. "We can't think of a better way to involve the owners and enthusiasts who have made it the segment's best-selling sports car for four years running."
The special-edition Camaro SS will be offered in coupe and convertible models with 2SS trim. In addition to the exclusive Emerald Green Metallic exterior, the package includes:
- RS Appearance Package, including high-intensity discharge headlamps, light-emitting diode, or LED, taillamps, RS-specific front upper grille, body-color roof moldings and body-color antenna
- Chrome Dusk 21-inch accessory wheels (20-inch polished wheels for export models)
- Body-color SS hood extractor (standard finish is black)
- Body-color accessory ground effects package
- Body-color ZL1 rear spoiler
- Cyber Gray rally stripes.
All models will feature a black interior with Graphite Silver door panel and instrument panel inserts. A black top will be included with convertible models.
Optional content will include a sunroof, dual-mode exhaust (except export models), navigation radio and Chevrolet Performance short-throw shifter.
Performance comes from a 6.2L V-8 rated at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb-ft (569 Nm) in models with the standard six-speed manual transmission, and 400 horsepower (298 kW) and 410 lb-ft (556 Nm) for models equipped with the available six-speed automatic transmission.