The new taxis, the PV801 (with a glass division between the front and rear seat) and the PV802 (without the glass division), were introduced in 1938. The model was also available in chassis form, the PV800 and the PV810, the latter having a longer wheelbase.
The design of the PV800 Series was much enhanced by the daring V-shaped nose and the typical American styling with rounded contours. Both versions could carry eight people, thanks to additional folding seats. The 821-824 versions were modernised with a more powerful ED engine that had an output of 90 bhp.
- Model: PV801-10
- Variants: PV 800 Chassis, PV 801 (Taxi with glass division), PV 802 (Taxi without glass division)
- PV 810 Chassis, extended
- Produced: 1,848 (PV801-10), 800 (PV821-4)
- Body: Purpose-built taxicab or chassis intended for special bodies.
- Engine: In-line 6 cyl side-valves; 3,670 cc; 84.14x110 mm; 84, 86 or 90 bhp
- Transmission: 3-speed manual with floor lever (1938-45), later on steering column (1946-48).
- Brakes: Hydraulic on all wheels.
- Dimensions: Wheelbase 3,250 or 3,550 mm.