A special-edition Corvette Stingray concept is revving to go in the new Sony PlayStation® 3 game Gran Turismo 6 commemorating the game's 15th anniversary – and Chevrolet has built a real version of the virtual racing winner. Its distinctive exterior and interior elements include:
- Custom exterior paint scheme
- Yellow-tinted headlamps
- Carbon fiber rear wing
- Custom carbon fiber hood and extractor design
- Ground effects kit with carbon fiber rockers and front splitter
- Custom exhaust tips
- Racing-style front tow hook
- Custom front grille
- Custom front fender and rear quarter vents
- Custom-trimmed Competition Sport seats
- Driver and passenger racing harnesses
- Custom flat-bottom steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped safety belt bar and rear braces.
Like all 2014 Corvette Stingray models, the Gran Turismo® concept is powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, which uses direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to produce 460 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque (with the available performance exhaust) – enabling EPA-estimated 29 mpg on the highway. The concept vehicle is also equipped with the standard seven-speed manual transmission.