Truck fans know that nothing adds presence to a pickup like basic black. And Chevrolet is taking black to the next level with the Silverado Midnight special edition, on display starting at the 2015 National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo in San Francisco, and making its public debut at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show.
Beginning with a black Silverado Z71, the Midnight special edition adds:
- An all-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps;
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings;
- 18-inch black painted alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires;
- Special Z71 badges on the doors;
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course);
- And the finishing touches - black Chevrolet bowties front and rear.
Like all 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71s, Midnight special editions include off-road suspension, a locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and a trailering package. Midnight special editions also include rear park assist and heated, power-adjusted outside rear-view mirrors.
"The Midnight special edition, like our recently announced Custom Sport Silverado, lets our dealers offer a custom look right from the factory," said Sandor Piszar, Silverado marketing director. "Customers can get a monochrome exterior, black alloy wheels and other uplevel touches, while maintaining all of the dependability Chevy trucks are famous for along with full factory warranty coverage."
Chevrolet will offer the Silverado Midnight special edition in either 1500 double-cab or crew-cab models. Up to 5,000 Midnight special editions will be produced for the 2015 model year. Dealers can order the trucks starting in February 2015. Package prices be $1,595 to $1,995, depending on the model.