To mark the Evian Masters tournament's 17th edition, Renault has introduced a new, limited edition version of Modus which features the event's celebrated colours.
The new limited edition Modus is recognizable by its pink and white Evian Masters badging on the front wings and tailgate, as well as by its extra-tinted rear glass and aluminium alloy wheels. Inside, the specific grey upholstery contrasts elegantly with pink details (pink being the official colour of the tournament) such as the edging of the front carpet mats and the Organizer Box ring. The interior ambience is further enhanced by the split leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever knob, as well as by the satin-finish chrome centre console and air vent surrounds.
Based on the Dynamique equipment level of Renault Modus, the limited edition Modus Evian Masters has a distinctly high-end feel to its appointments. It packs the following equipment:
- Panoramic electric sunroof,
- Automatic climate control,
- 4x20W Radio-CD with MP3 playback and steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control,
- Elliptical headlamps with dedicated cornering lights and foglamps,
- Electrically-folding exterior mirrors,
- Rear parking proximity sensor.
Prices for the limited edition Renault Modus Evian Masters start from €17,150 and represent a benefit in kind to customers of 3.9 per cent. Only 500 cars will be produced. They will be available exclusively in France from June, although order books are already open. For more than 10 years, Renault has been the official partner of the Evian Masters, the leading world class ladies golf tournament which is sanctioned by both the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) and the Ladies European Tour (LET). As official supplier to the event, Renault will provide a fleet of 90 vehicles for use by the tournament's organisers, while the 10 former Evian Masters winners attending the event will be loaned a Modus Evian Masters for their transport needs for the duration of the competition.
A HIGH-END LIMITED EDITION
The limited edition Modus Evian Masters has the distinctive hallmarks of the leading ladies golf tournament of the same name. The front wings and tailgate feature pink and white Evian Masters badging, while the front bumper incorporates elliptical headlamps, dedicated cornering lights and foglamps. Its stylish exterior looks are rounded off by extra-tinted rear glass and 16-inch Moai alloy wheels.
The interior comes with bespoke cloth upholstery, complete with visible grey stitching, and the pink edging of the front carpet mats matches the pink Organizer Box ring. The elegant cabin styling also includes a split leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever knob, plus a satin-effect chrome finish for the centre console and air vent surrounds.
This new limited edition version is based on the Dynamique equipment level of Modus, but comes with a number of exclusive appointments: a panoramic electric sunroof, automatic climate control, a 4x20W radio-CD with MP3 playback and steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control, and a City Pack comprising electrically-folding exterior mirrors and a rear parking proximity sensor which, combined with the car's compact size, take the stress out of parking in built-up areas.
The limited edition Modus Evian Masters can be ordered with one of two high-end engines from the Modus range:
- the TCe 100, a feisty and flexible 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol powerplant which delivers responsive performance in all situations,
- and the diesel dCi 85 which, with CO2 emissions of just 114g/km, offers a remarkable trade-off between performance and fuel economy. It qualifies for the €500 'eco-bonus' subsidy system which operates in France.
RENAULT: OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF THE EVIAN MASTERS TOURNAMENT
For more than 10 years, Renault has been the official partner of the Evian Masters, the 2010 edition of which will take place on July 22-25. First organised in 1994, the Evian Masters is sanctioned by both the American and European circuits and stands out today as the biggest world class ladies golf tournament alongside the US Open. It stars the game's 111 best lady players whose selection is based on the extremely rigorous Rolex Rankings.
Throughout the 16 years of its existence, the Evian Masters has continued to evolve driven by a clear vision which is shared by its loyal and committed Sponsors' Club, and that is to offer the highest standard of world class ladies golf while constantly reflecting on the sport's future. As official supplier to the event, Renault will provide a fleet of 90 vehicles for use by the tournament's organisers, while the 10 former Evian Masters winners attending the event will be loaned a Modus Evian Masters for their transport needs for the duration of the competition. Renault will also have a Modus Evian Masters on display at the Hole in One, as well as a stand in the Partners' Village.
Only 500 Renault Grand Modus Evian Masters will be produced, with sales beginning on June 5, 2010 (French market only). Order books have already opened, however, and prices start from €17,150 (Renault Modus Evian Masters TCe 100).
EQUIPMENT (French market)
- 'Evian Masters' badging on tailgate and front wings
- Satin-finish body colour front and rear bumper protections
- 16-inch Moai aluminium wheels
- Chrome upper grille strip and rear decorative strip
- Body colour door handles
- Extra-tinted rear glass
- Cloth upholstery with visible stitching
- Satin-finish chrome interior door handles
- Leather Pack* (dark charcoal leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever knob)
- Pink-edged 'Evian Masters' front carpet mats
- Satin-finish chrome centre console, radio fascia and air vent surrounds
- Pink-ringed Organizer Box
- Satin-finish parking brake button
- Panoramic electric sunroof
- Elliptical headlamps with dedicated cornering lights
- Automatic climate control with chilled glovebox
- Automatic headlamp and windscreen-wiper activation
- 80W radio-CD MP3 with six loudspeakers (including two tweeters), steering wheelmounted fingertip remote control and separate display
- Electric rear windows with driver-controlled deactivation for children
- City Pack (electrically folding exterior mirrors + rear parking proximity sensor)
OPTIONS (French market)
- Cruise control with speed limiter = €250
- 'Triptique' sliding rear benchseat = €500
- Spare wheel = €80
- Metallic paint = €420
COLOURS (French market)
Renault Modus Evian Masters will be available in a choice of five colours:
- Metallic: Etoile Blue, Cassiopée Grey, Platine Grey and Pearlescent Black.
- Non-metallic: Glacier White