It just got a little easier for drivers to maximize their fuel savings and be environmentally responsible. Toyota's most advanced technology passenger car, the Prius Plug-in, will be available to customers at a substantially reduced price beginning with the 2014 model year. Toyota has reduced MSRP on the 2014 Prius Plug-in Hybrid by over $2,000, making the starting MSRP $29,990 (excluding DPH). This price repositioning on the base Prius Plug-in Hybrid is not accompanied by any reduction in vehicle content.
The 2014 Prius Plug-in Hybrid is well-equipped (similar to a Prius Three), but adds these appealing features:
- Heated cloth front seats – a unique standard feature available only on Prius Plug-in
- Remote Climate – a feature that allows customers to activate their A/C remotely (standard on Prius Plug-in, available on Prius Three)
- Ability to drive extended distances in EV Mode, helping to increase fuel efficiency
- Unique 10-spoke alloy wheels
- 1 additional year of Roadside Assistance through ToyotaCare, for a total of 3 year
Pricing for the 2014 Prius Plug-in Advanced model has also been adjusted to make the model more accessible to consumers with a $4,620 reduction in MSRP to $34,905 (excluding DPH).
The Prius Plug-in Advanced will still offer popular features including:
- Premium HDD Navigation with Entune® App Suite (including Plug-in Hybrid Applications) and JBL
- SofTex-trimmed heated front seats • 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
- Head-Up Display
- Safety Connect
The 2014 Prius Plug-in Advanced will offer DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, PCS (Pre-Collision System), LED headlights and fog lights as part of an optional Technology Package for customers seeking the highest level of technology. Production of the 2014 model year Prius Plug-in begins in October with pricing taking effect when these models arrive in showrooms in November.
The Prius Plug-in qualifies for a Federal Tax Credit of up to $2,500 in addition to the State of California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP) which offers a $1,500 rebate. . The Prius Plug-in is available in 15 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and Hawaii).