After Clio R.S., a limited-edition version of Twingo R.S. – Twingo R.S. Red Bull Racing RB7 – is now also available to celebrate the 2011 Formula 1 Constructors' world title.
- Twingo R.S. Red Bull Racing RB7 combines driving pleasure with genuine sporty performance: Cup chassis, black 17-inch Gana wheels, R.S. Monitor (on-board telemetry system), Renault Sport chequered-pattern roof decal,
- This limited edition version is available in more than 10 markets: Germany, Austria, France, Belgium/Luxemburg, Japan, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Switzerland,
- Order books open at the beginning of June 2012 (in France beginning of September).
"Twingo R.S. Red Bull Racing RB7 is a pocket rocket packed with performance-enhancing features developed by Renault Sport Technologies. Its great looks are the fruit of Renault Sport F1's association with Red Bull Racing," notes Olivier Tschanhenz, Twingo Renault Sport Product Manager.
A sporty model with the accent on performance
Twingo R.S. Red Bull Racing RB7 benefits from Renault Sport's extensive experience of motor racing, rallying and road cars:
- Its feisty 1.6 16V engine delivers 133 horsepower (98kW) at 6,750rpm and peak torque of 160Nm at 4,400rpm, yet its CO2 emissions and combined-cycle fuel consumption are a reasonable 150g/km and 6.5 litres/100km respectively,
- The ‘Cup' chassis, which lowers the car's ride-height by 4mm compared to the ‘Sport' chassis and enhances performance by minimising weight transfer, targets customers seeking even greater enjoyment behind the wheel. The dampers and springs have been stiffened by 10 percent to improve the control of body roll.
- The optional R.S. Monitor is a fun, practical system which takes its inspiration from the telemetry systems seen in motorsport. The data it displays assists drivers when they indulge in sporty driving.
Stunning exterior and interior looks
Twingo R.S. Red Bull Racing RB7 features the design cues of Renault Sport's other sporty models, including forceful front-end styling and a large, vertically-mounted logo set to a black background which illustrates the brand's new visual identity. The front bumper incorporates a Formula 1-style blade which takes its inspiration from Formula 1; while the sporty feel of the rear end is accentuated by the bigger wheel arches, lip spoiler and diffuser. In addition to these features which are specific to the R.S. version of Twingo, the Pearlescent Black body colour contrasts with several details picked out in Sirius Yellow (F1-style blade, door mirror housings, lip spoiler) to highlight the sporty calling of the Red Bull Racing RB7 limited-edition version. Its appeal is further enhanced by the Renault Sport chequered-pattern roof decal and door decals in the colours of the Red Bull Racing Formula 1 team.
Like Twingo R.S., the interior features yellow stitching for the steering wheel, seats and dash cowling, plus gloss black inserts for the dashboard and audio console. Gloss black has also been used for the rev-counter housing and side air vents. The new First audio system and R.S. Monitor are standard fitments.
The exclusivity of this limited edition version is reinforced by a numbered "FIA 2011 World Champion" plaque and a Renault Sport logo inlay for the gear lever knob.
Like its Clio R.S. counterpart, the limited edition Red Bull Racing RB7 version of Twingo R.S. showcases the transfer of skills that operates between Renault's expertise in Formula 1 (Renault provides power for Red Bull Racing, Lotus F1 Team, Caterham F1 Team and Williams F1 Team in the 2012 championship) and the brand's road cars. A similar limited-edition version of Mégane R.S. will also be available soon.