Subaru of America today released the first official photos of the all-new 2014 Forester crossover SUV, which will make its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Forester combines a bolder profile than before while offering a roomier interior with virtually the same footprint as the previous model.
The fourth generation of Subaru's popular Forester will offer a new 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged BOXER engine producing 250 horsepower. The standard naturally aspirated 2.5-liter BOXER engine debuted in the outgoing Forester model. Fuel economy will be higher across the line with the debut of a new six-speed manual transmission and available Lineartronic® continuously variable transmissions (CVT).
The all-new five-passenger 2014 Forester preserves the optimal blend of SUV capability and car-like ride and handling that have made the Forester one of the Subaru brand's best-selling models for the past 15 years. Refined (or New) suspension system delivers agile handling and a highly compliant ride quality. Generous 8.7 inches of ground clearance enhances off-pavement driving capability.
The 2014 Forester will offer an exceptionally roomy interior, featuring increased rear seat legroom and an enlarged cargo area. In-demand infotainment features will be offered, including smartphone integration, navigation, rear view camera and harman/kardon® premium audio amplifier and speakers.
Basic Vehicle Specifications
Engine types and output
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, naturally aspirated 170 hp @ 5,800 rpm 174 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 4,100 rpm
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, direct fuel injection, turbocharging, intercooler 250 hp @ 5,600 rpm* 258 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 2,000-4,800 rpm
- 2.5-liter models: 6-speed manual or Lineartronic CVT
- 2.0-liter turbo: high-torque CVT with 6-speed and 8-speed manual modes and Hill Descent Control
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive standard for all models
- Wheelbase 103.9 in.
- Vehicle length 180.9 in.
- Vehicle height 68.2 in (with roof rails)
- Vehicle width 70.7 in.
- 2.5-liter: 17 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/60 R17 all-season
- 2.0-liter turbo: 18 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/55 R18 all-season